Make up tips for bridesPosted by : vaishali , June 20th, 2011
One of the most important and blessed days in the women’s life is her wedding day. Every woman wants to look perfect on her wedding day. Here are some tips to make you look as gorgeous as a queen:
• The first step would be to cleanse your face and neck with a cleansing milk or foam. Do not rub the skin dry.
• Rubbing ice on the skin would help even out the pores and prevent clogging. It also helps control oil while locking in the moisture.
• Use a moisturizer depending on your skin type to make your skin soft and pliant. In case of very oily skin a toner would be beneficial.
• Foundation must be applied over the face, neck, eyes, ears and even on the lips. The foundation helps to provide a texture to the skin. This helps for application of the blusher and the eye shadow later.
• Use a translucent face powder – lighter than the skin tone to give a matt effect. Dust it lightly with a powder applicator brush.
• Use an eye shadow base; apply on the eyelid with your finger or a soft shadow brush. This will prevent the shadow from creasing.
• Use the eyeliner after you have made up the face. Apply the liner as close to the lashes as possible.
• Apply blush in the end after applying the foundation and the eye shadow. Use the blush in the same color tone as your lipstick.
• Use lip balm before applying the lip stick.
• Use a lip liner to define your lips.
• Depending on the shape of your lips, use the liner to give you a desired effect. Always try to follow the natural line of the lips.
• Hairstyle is usually chosen, after completing the makeup to suit the looks of the bride.
Looking good is not just about make-up. Let your make-up make a statement of who you are. Let it be a reflection of your personality.
Tips to Reduce Stress Through The DayPosted by : Himanshu , December 8th, 2010
We all have our good days and bad days. But, we all are faced by everyday situations that seem to take a toll on us each time we face them. Like, dealing with a nagging relative, a sulky boss or the prospect of meeting an ex. Don’t let any of them bog you down. Here are a few tips that’ll help you face them with ease.
Have an important meeting in a few minutes? Heading out for a first date with a guy you really like? The best way to kill the butterflies in your stomach is to take a few deep breaths. Taking deep breaths increases supply of oxygen to our brain and helps reduce stress levels. Regular practice of breathing exercises or pranayam can help you stay lean too!
Bothered by the colleague who cribs always or a friend who constantly nags you? Try to block them out with happy thoughts. Think of the time you will spend with your spouse when you get home or plan the dinner. Or think about watching a re-run of your favourite sitcom or movie. Thinking about happy thoughts blocks the negative energy of unpleasant emotions. Try it for a less hassled you.
Feel like you cannot complete the given task within the deadline? Give yourself a lime break. Cut up a sweet lime or just squeeze some lime water. Anything with vitamin C will help you calm frayed nerves as they are rich in antioxidants. Vitamin C also helps produce anti stress hormones.
Find your mind cluttered with thoughts every time you need to be thinking clearly? Listen to your favorite peppy number or pick up your phone and call a friend. Small breaks or distractions clear your mind and help you get back on track quickly.
It’s All about Attitude
Going to a party where you will probably meet you ex? Don’t expect the meeting to be awkward. Instead, put on a stylish outfit and top it with a smile. It will make you confident in minutes. You can pass off any awkward/odd moment just with a change in attitude.
Dropped some curry on yourself at a party? Laugh with your friends, if you are not at a formal do. People who can laugh at their own clumsiness are viewed as satisfied, self-assured individuals.
Do a Review
Does your to-do list look like a winding, messed up list of tasks? Review them, one at a time. Be it a household chore or sending an email, ask yourself, does it have to be done immediately? Tackle those that need to be done urgently first- like picking up kids from the school or sending out that important e-mail. You can do the rest like picking up laundry and preparing for dinner later.
Keep these tips in mind and don’t let any situation get the better of you. Do you have any happy living tips to share? Leave us a comment and let us know.