Archive for June, 2011
It is again that time of the year when monsoon is approaching. On one side there is a good feeling that the temperature will go down, on the other hand there are fears of how to make a style statement in this wet weather. Fashion during the rains should be simple, funky and fun, but never full-length because full-length outfits are to be avoided in the rainy season.
Here are few latest fashion trends to keep you stylish in this monsoon.
Avoid wearing white in the monsoon. Tops should preferably in dark shades, since the lighter shades tend to get transparent. You can wear dark colored tee shirts, strap tops and halters. Kurtis can also be a great option in monsoon as they are available in various colors, fabric and style.
Capris and shorts are the best option for bottoms. You can team them with tee shirts, strappy tops and halters. You can also opt for shirt or fitted kurtis over your Capri. To make a style statement, choose a long tee and a wide belt to go with your capris.
In the rains, it’s best to select skirts, go for a knee-length straight fit, or an A-line fit. Short skirts are a big hit in rainy season. For office goers, they can pick knee length skirt or tunics. The denim skirt is a great option for college wear.
Rainy season is a time when footwear takes a beating. Boots and heels are avoided. It’s time for you to go pick up a pair of rubber chappals or transparent and strappy flip flops which are available in striking colors and designs. It is preferable to keep the new and favorite foot wears at home and wear the older ones during the rainy season.
While choosing a handbag, pick that one which is waterproof like the transparent plastic purses. They look chic and keep your belongings secured. These are available in various shapes and sizes. You can opt for one according to your need and style.
Fashion is all about being comfortable in what you wear and still look gorgeous.
One of the most important and blessed days in the women’s life is her wedding day. Every woman wants to look perfect on her wedding day. Here are some tips to make you look as gorgeous as a queen:
• The first step would be to cleanse your face and neck with a cleansing milk or foam. Do not rub the skin dry.
• Rubbing ice on the skin would help even out the pores and prevent clogging. It also helps control oil while locking in the moisture.
• Use a moisturizer depending on your skin type to make your skin soft and pliant. In case of very oily skin a toner would be beneficial.
• Foundation must be applied over the face, neck, eyes, ears and even on the lips. The foundation helps to provide a texture to the skin. This helps for application of the blusher and the eye shadow later.
• Use a translucent face powder – lighter than the skin tone to give a matt effect. Dust it lightly with a powder applicator brush.
• Use an eye shadow base; apply on the eyelid with your finger or a soft shadow brush. This will prevent the shadow from creasing.
• Use the eyeliner after you have made up the face. Apply the liner as close to the lashes as possible.
• Apply blush in the end after applying the foundation and the eye shadow. Use the blush in the same color tone as your lipstick.
• Use lip balm before applying the lip stick.
• Use a lip liner to define your lips.
• Depending on the shape of your lips, use the liner to give you a desired effect. Always try to follow the natural line of the lips.
• Hairstyle is usually chosen, after completing the makeup to suit the looks of the bride.
Looking good is not just about make-up. Let your make-up make a statement of who you are. Let it be a reflection of your personality.